You can put text here too

Friends and even family may have no idea what it is really like to lose a baby. We are here to help you find reassurance and hope for the future. Meetings are held at Mowbray Maternity Hospital every third Wednesday of the month, at 11am. Anyone grieving a stillbirth or inter- uterine death is welcome. You do not have to be a Mowbray patient.

Thursday 19 April 2012

GIVING to help HEALING


Giving something as small as a smile to a passing stranger may gently ease your pain. I have noticed for myself while experiencing the suffering and turmoil if I can somehow dig a little deeper and try to figure out where I can give of my time or love to another there has been a shift in my pain.

Some mothers have felt the need to donate their breast milk in honor of their baby they have just lost. In doing this they have felt it was not all in vain, knowing they have saved another little one who needed milk.

I have been kangaroo nursing a wee infant whose birth weight was only 790 grams and whose mother is not around. While I have sat there with this baby I have wondered about all the mothers have been donating their breast milk. How fortunate for this baby to be receiving the best of the best - breast milk. How grateful I and this baby are for milkmatters.org who have kept up a constant flow of milk coming. I am happy to report that now at 66 days this little one is weighing 1200 grams.

No comments:

Post a Comment